This is the face of a harried lady! *is harried about*
1. NaNoWriMo is moving forward nicely despite a day of illness last week where I only managed 260 words. I’m up over 20k words now and feeling groovy. This is the MOST I’ve ever written for one story and I’m just starting to get to the good bits. When I edit this story I’m going to cut HUGE chunks out. I can hardly wait to put my editor’s hat on.
2. I just chewed a stick of this gum in the Apple Pie flavour and it’s like some sort of Willy Wonka wonderful gum because it tastes and smells exactly like apple pie! Not only is there only a hint of cinnamon (I dislike a strong cinnamon taste in my apple pie) but the apple flavour comes through strong. Not RAW apple, oh no, it tastes like apples cooked in sugar and their own juices. It’s ~perfect!
3. Scalzi on ‘Dekloutifying’. I found this to be an interesting read. I don’t take my Klout score seriously, anyways. I logged in once and it said I was an expert in Vampires, Birth Control, and Bacon. D:
4. If you’re not familiar with the idea of Restorative Justice maybe check this web site out. I really like this concept and I like that the transgressors are made to face those they wronged and make reparations. Too bad there isn’t a version of this for the Internet.
5. I’ll be attending another Girl Geek Dinner this week! I missed out on Dinosaurs at the last one but the one previous was about writing for video games and was very educational and delicious and fun!
6. I’ll also be attending a WordCamp this weekend! I’m really looking forward to this as my latest project took me deeper into WordPress than I’ve ever been before. Admission was only $40 for the weekend and it’s local so travel costs consist of bus fare. Alas, I doubt my company would spring for An Event Apart which I would dearly love to attend some day.
We finally had snow this past weekend. I’m grateful we went so long without it. I can already feel the grumpies setting in.
The 2012 Barack Obama campaign has its own tumblr! I really like and respect how his campaign peeps know enough to use social media to garner support for their campaign. I’m looking forward to them re-blogging Adventure Time fan art and gifs from AnimalsBeingDicks.com
The Sassy Way has a good article up about Responsive Web Design.
If you do any sort of Word Press development I can’t recommend this book enough. I bought the paper version as well as the .pdf version and I am well and truly pleased with both. This book is well-organized, easy to follow, and I learn something new every time I browse through it. The dead-tree version is also weighty enough to fell a man with a good swing. Useful for Word Press development AND in case of a home invasion!
Now, if only I could find the time/motivation to finish my site’s theme…
I have two short stories coming out in the Re-Vamp anthology, which I’ve plugged here. I have a few dead-tree copies coming my way which I’ll likely give away on this blog and through my various social media channels.
New site. New blog.
Same old Tammy!
Here, have a self-portrait before I start digging into other things.
I’m considering this ergonomic mouse for my next peripheral device. Looks like it could be a wrist-saver!
How to Fix Internet Embarrassments and Improve Your Online Reputation.
I happen to think Dan Byrd’s a very talented actor so when I saw the trailer for Norman I cheered out loud! I normally avoid heart-wrenching movies like this but to see Dan Byrd act I’ll go. Ugh. UGH! I can’t believe I’m willing to watch a show like this.
Writer Beware and “The Write Agenda” [txt]
New York Observer: Exclusive “Occupy Wall Street” Unaired Fox Footage [vid]
Emily Carroll’s new comic, Margot [comic] – You’ll need to click on the hanging bouquet to see more comic. I think I read that she’ll add a new part every week, so revisit this page and click around as the month goes by!
I love Scott C’s work! [artbook] You may have seen his ‘head’ comics in the Flight anthologies.